The negotiations have been divided between the various Working Groups, focusing on:
- Trade in goods (including Market Access, General Rules and Trade Remedies);
- Non-Tariff Measures and Technical Barriers to Trade;
- Rules of Origin;
- Customs and Trade Facilitation;
- Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures;
- Trade in Services;
- Intellectual Property (including Geographical Indications);
- Competition Policy;
- Other issues (General and Regulatory Cooperation, Business Environment, Animal Welfare);
- Trade and Sustainable Development;
- Dispute Settlement;
- General, Institutional and Final Provisions and Transparency.
The next round of the negotiations is scheduled to take place during the week of 11 April in Tokyo. Further information is included in the report below.